Saturday, April 20, 2019

Pelican photography For The Paraplegic, Or In My Case Nearly So.





Pelican photography For The paraplegic, Or In My Case Nearly So.

  Forgive my not so subtle self-deprecation, but my orthopedic did say I should be in a wheelchair by now, and sometimes I wish I had one, but truthfully, even if one is in a wheelchair, photographing pelicans should be quite doable; they are very big, friendly, and in some places abundant.
  Though I was in Miami for a wedding, I did visit the sunrise every day. That afforded me an opportunity to enjoy pelicans going out for breakfast; though it would have been great to see them on a pier, one must play the hand the deck deals.
  I recommend a lens between 200mm and 500mm, and as 'fast' as you can afford; mine is a Nikkor 70-200mm F-2.8 lens, which I use most of the time in low sunrise light, otherwise blurring is likely; one can compensate with a higher ISO, but that will lead to more 'noise' in your final photographs.
  Let me know if this has been at all helpful.

Here they come from their slumber! 

On first sight, everything is new!

Here a little fishy, there a little fishy!

And like my cat, they never seem to tire!

"Did you guys see that?"

Back to the roost! Do pelicans (Brown) roost?

Only a dark shadow now!
Good night Miami.

Copyright 2010-2019 Dennis Tsiorbas
All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment